Come on a quest with me to find ancient essential oils in archeological remains from over 4,000 years ago; meet an herbalist on the magical island of Aphrodite who has devised a signature fragrance for our mythical goddess of love; then travel to modern Germany to harvest and distill the cool weather oils: Melissa (Lemon Balm), Angelica, German chamomile, and more! Put yourself in my pocket and let's see what unexpected treasures we can find on our journey. (As with all blogs, please read from the bottom up. New posts are placed on top of earlier ones.)


Monday, June 13, 2011

Kataclysmos.

Back to the storm of Biblical proportions that crashed down on this tiny island this afternoon: The hotel receptionist tells me that the week-long festival being celebrated here is called "Kataclysmos" as in "the cataclysmic flood that lasted 40 days and 40 nights and wiped out everyone but Noah, his family, and his menagerie". It's probably not an accident that it poured on the main day of celebration. Maybe it's time for another cleansing!

Still praying for dry days and sunshine for the remainder of the week. Debbie is helping... Any others? I need all the help I can get :)

I knew I'd have stories, but I didn't plan on this!

View from the Lordos Beach Hotel, post storm.

Close-up view.

Lordos Beach Hotel, the morning after.

4 comments:

  1. I am here for you! You must have taken the rain with you because it is in the mid-80's to low 90's here in Fair Oaks. If it rains or not, I know you will find a way to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are alright. I have not seen another blog post since Monday, 6/13/2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is well! Just couldn't connect to the hotel wireless service at the last place I stayed. Time to catch up on posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, now I can stop worrying! The adventure continues!

    ReplyDelete